TechSpot

My laptop cannot find external monitor

By legend101z
May 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. OK so I have Sager np9150 Gaming laptop with nvidia 670m 1.5gb ram graphic card and integrated intel hd 4000.

the monitor I'm trying to connect to is a Lg Flattron wide. I bought a hdmi to dvi adapter cable so that I can hook the hdmi side to my laptop and the dvi side to my monitor since it doesn't have a hdmi slot.

before plugging the hdmi side into the laptop my monitor say check signal cable. when I plug the hdmi side into my laptop the check signal cable disappear and it say digital power saving and then it stay in that mode.

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

Right-click on your desktop, click Screen resolution, set to Extend these displays.

3. legend101z

legend101z TS Rookie Topic Starter

It won't even find my monitor. I try another monitor and hook it up and it work fine. I have no idea why this one not working.

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

Is there a video input selector on your monitor?

5. compfixing

compfixing TS Rookie Posts: 43

Press Windows+P

6. legend101z

legend101z TS Rookie Topic Starter

I've try that and also try using the source button on my monitor. nothing work

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.