My laptop crashes randomly and often

Hi, i have a toshiba l300d satellite computer, however It keeps on Crashing at random times "when i mean crashing it as if someone was holding the turn on button" {when there is not} and when i try to turn it on again it will crash again

The only way i can stop this is if i leave it for 30 minuites or so and come back and then restart it, i have checked on many websites and rang toshiba but they could not help me.

If anyone could help please reply :)

Also when i first purchased the computer the battery lasted for 2 hours or so, and in the last year or so it has been maxed to 15 minuites on its battery i am not sure if this is linked to it but i dont really mind the small battery problem but anyways thankyou. :)
(also this is a problem with the computer to it is slow o.0)

Shutting down after some period of use could be related to heat. The fact that it comes on after sitting for 30 minutes also points to a heat issue.

The battery life could be normal, rechargeable batteries lose the ability to hold a full charge after so many recharge cycles. You may just need to replace the battery.

Yeah, more then likely a heat issue. If a processor or MOBO reaches a certain temperature it is triggered to turn itself off without warning to prevent damage. Being a laptop, an option to try is a buy a can of compressed air and blow some air into it, mostly the fan, it is best if you can take off some of the covers underneath to get some more areas to blow air into.

WARNING: When using compressed air make sure to keep the can upright, tilting it may cause liquid to spray out with the air and cause damage to components.

Another thing you can try is try using the computer with JUST battery power, and then take out the battery and try on just AC power, see if either one let's it run for awhile.

Back