My laptop is making funny sound

hello everyone i have an hp pavillion dv2401pu yesterday when i tried i switch on it ,then after somtime of opening it started making funny sound and the opening process countinued up to windows starting window,then it shut down.............pls someone help me....sorry to mention it before that my laptop is 3 year old.

As a guess it could be your CPU fan that was making a noise due to malfunction and that caused the CPU to overheat and thus it shut down.

Can you describe what the "funny sound" actually sounded like, was it a click, a squeek or something else, try and put it in words as best you can and compare it with something similar that I can relate to.

That would most probably be a fan causing the noise so my first guess is probably correct. You would need to dismantle the laptop to gain access to the fan and replace it. If you do not have the confidence to do this you would be better off taking it to a (recommended) computer repair shop. If you continue to try booting the laptop you may do permanent damage to the CPU.

There is a chance that if it's really the CPU fan, then the CPU might have gone ka-putte as well :(

You should either have the PC checked, or check it yourself. We at TS can advice you with the latter if necessary.

Back