My laptop wont play games anymore

1. Ok here we go, i got my laptop last year and i got a virus about 6 months ago. I had my laptop reset completely to factory settings. Before i got the virus and reset i could play: sims 3,democracy,fifa,call of duty, downloaded 3d games. Now i cant play any games hardly the screen goes black and it has an error on every single one then it says windows has stopped working

Info

Device:

name: SiS mirage 3 graphics
    manufacturer: Silicon intergrated systems corp.
    chip type: SiS672 series
    DAC type: internal
    Approx memory: 184mb
    display mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60hz)
    monitor: Generic Pnp monitor

Directx features:

directdraw: enabled
    direct3d: enabled

Drivers:

Main driver: SISGRUMD.dll,SiSclone.dll,SiSfunc.dl
    version: 8.14.0010.518 (english)
    Date: 30/06/2010
    WHQL logo'd: Yes
    DDI version: 9Ex

please help me thanks i want to be able to play all the games i could before.
  2. redk

redk Newcomer, in training Posts: 135

We need the model number and make of your laptop, as well as full system specs to help.
    Although I can say right now, your integrated graphics sucks.
  3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,391   +830

It may be that the installed video driver, is not the best one for it. Try checking the laptop manufacturer's website, find out what the current video driver for your machine is, then use "device Manager" to determine the revision of the driver that's now installed.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.