My laptop wont stay on 5 seconds before shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my uncle replace my keyboard and backlight inverter and it worked fine, excpet the touch pad wasnt working. He took the laptop apart and tried to figure out what was wrong, but when he tried to turn it on again, it wouldn't turn on at all. The orange light is on (meaning it is charging or plugged in, or whatever.)

When we press the power button, the fan starts...the green power light comes on...but the screen is still black and then it just shuts down right away....and the green power light goes back off.

(This was not a problem at all before he replaced the inverter and the keyboard. The computer worked fine, but was missing keys and then the backlight went out....but everything else was fine.)

What could be wrong??? I have unplugged and replugged in all connections that I can find (although I am not very computer savy.)

I want to add that is is an Acer Aspire 5610. It is about 14 months old. It is not hot and over heating...it wont GET hot because it won't turn on. Actually, it is as if I were trying to turn it on with a dead battery in it...but, the battery doesnt even charge anymore so it always has to be plugged in. Grrrrrrrrrr! I am so frustrated with this computer.

Thanks for your help!!!

..........Actually, it is as if I were trying to turn it on with a dead battery in it...but, the battery doesnt even charge anymore so it always has to be plugged in.
Remove the battery & run with the power adapter only.

After that, you've been into the case at least 2 times. Reseating cables was tried. What about unplugging cables? This is a "bare bones" approach - for desktops. You're on your own here. What manual did you have to check out & replace the inverter? I have no idea if the laptop can sense an external monitor is connected & use that if the inverter blew out again.

I have no idea if the laptop can sense an external monitor is connected & use that if the inverter blew out again.
Yes it can.

But what I'd try is removing the keyboard completely
And turning it on again

I suspect it's a faulty keyboard or connection, but doing the above will confirm this

I took it all apart again last night...I unplugged every cable I could find and then tried to turn it on (I did it one at a time, and then I also left them all unplugged.) It still would not turn on. I have tried to turn it on without the battery installed, too. Still nothing. It acts exactly like the battery is dead. I assume since the battery/power light is on, so it has to be getting power? The fan turns on and the dvd light comes on...but everything just stays on for less than 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back