TechSpot

My linksys router is not working, Need Help

By Great1122
Oct 6, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I was just changing my ip address manually via the default gateway, and it said setting successful and everything, but now the linksys router keeps resetting itself even when its fully turned on everything, anyway to fix this? I have a linksys wrt110. Any help is appreciated.
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Remove all software and reinstall the LinkSys... being sure you have the correct firmware.
    It is easier to start over than it is to find the errors, problems, and defects.
    Be sure you are rested and relaxed, and that you have read thoroughly everything you need to know.
  3. Great1122

Great1122 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 152

I could've done that, and I did do research, however the router is not going into master reset, I held the reset button for 30 seconds, then I power cycled it, still the router keeps resetting itself, with the router's power led still blinking, at that point I though my router was a goner, and got myself a nice Belkin N router.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.