My Mac corrupted

I have my macbook pro crashed no operating system on it and I would like to get my all data before recovery or they will be lost , what shall I do? and is it possible to connect it to a windows laptop as external harddisk? also I used linux ubuntu and I saw my files but I can't open them the message appears I am not the owner of this folder ,, what can I do ? please help :(

If Ubuntu can see them then there is hope :)

Once you have the Ubuntu desktop and the Mac disk mounted, you need another place to copy the files, so figure that out and mount that device too.

Get a Terminal window - - (yes, we'll fix the perms with a command line operation)

In the Terminal window, issue ls -lF (that's lower case 'ell', UC F) and you will see details of the current directory, eg:
Code:
 $ ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Jeff Users 0 May 22 07:44 _test2/
-rw-r--r--  1 Jeff Users 0 May 22 07:43 bar
-rw-r--r--  1 Jeff Users 0 May 22 07:43 foo
-rw-r--r--  1 Jeff Users 0 May 22 07:43 zed
the 3rd column is the OWNER and the 4th is the GROUP.
the 1st column is the permissions for the owner,group and everyone.

To traverse the sub directories (shown like line1 with the trailing / ), the perms must
have the x for all three eg drwxr-xr-x

Ubuntu mounts devices - -
There are broadly two approaches -
You will need to have root perms, so rlogin root or use su root and give the password.

So use the cd command to put the current directory on the Mac device root and use
ls -lF to see the user,group being used. As long as every directory shows up like drwxr-xr-x
then you need only to change either the owner or the group.

the command you need to change the owner is:
Usage: chown [OPTION]... [OWNER][:[GROUP]] FILE...​

and the OPTIONs you need are -hR and the owner would be your Ubuntu login, eg
chown -hR Jeff .

there's a trailing space and period after Jeff (that's my Linux login - - use yours).

when the command completes, use ls -lF to verify it's correct and then terminate your rlogin or su shell.

With the owner set, you can now use the Linux copy command (cp) or go back to the GUI desktop to manage the Mac file extractions.

First thanks a lot f your reply :)
2nd can I make that from windows if windows sees my drives but he tells me to format them
3rd if from ubuntu I use ubuntu from usb so no password or log in name what I do then ?

2nd can I make that from windows if windows sees my drives but he tells me to format them
NO NO NO! compatibility issue!
3rd if from ubuntu I use ubuntu from usb so no password or log in name what I do then ?
login on Ubuntu w/o mac drive attached.

Can you get into the root login? Get the Terminal and enter whoami -- the reply is the current user's Linux ID.

Then type su root - - can you enter the password and then does whoami reply with root?

Btw: Ubuntu has root "disabled" but here's how to enable it.

get the terminal and issue
sudo passwd root

this will then prompt you to create a password for root - - REMEMBER IT!

the line reads
  • run the sudo command
  • have it run the password command for you
  • and pass 'root' to password
sudo will terminate when password is complete.

from there on, you can use Terminal and issue su root and reply with the password.

CAUTION! do exactly and only what you know or have been given instructions to do. Linux will allow root to eat the system if you are careless.

After using su root, ALWAYS type exit (or <ctl>d) when you no longer need root authority

Back