My machine doesn't recognize my Viera USB webcam

abbasi

[FONT=verdana]Hi guys,[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]I have an USB webcam brand "Viera". When I put it in the PC's USB port the image no.1 appears and the Windows 7 32-bit machine can't recognize it. I tried to use the online driver finding but failed. Also I tried other ports. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]When I click on image no.1 the image no.2 appears. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]Is there any idea?[/FONT]

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    84 KB · Views: 3
An overview (as I understand from my reading and seeing this probem before)....

When a Plug and Play (PnP) device connects to a plug and play bus (like USB), there's a PnP "handshake" between the computer and the device. The handshake allows the computer, the bus and the device to get in sync and allow simple data transfers on the bus. The device sends Windows its PnP IDs plus configuration data (These are stored in the device firmware). Windows uses the PnP IDs to identify the device and find a driver. It then uses the config data to setup driver communication with the device.

If the USB bus handshake fails or, for any reason, Windows can't receive the device PnP IDs you get the "USB Not Recognized" message. Windows knows a USB device connected but without the PnP Ids it doesn't what.

I've found things to try that (sometimes) can remedy the problem. First tell me:
> Do you have a laptop or Desktop?
> Does your cam have any type of on/off switch?
> Have you tried your cam in a different computer yet to make sure its not a cam problem?

Thanks you for your info.
< Desktop.
< No.
< Yes, I had a dell laptop with same Windows OS and it was working with that laptop well.

Let's try this first. Disconnect all USB devicesShut down and physically unplug your Desktop from AC. Turn off and unplug your monitor as well. Now get a good night's sleep.

Restart the machine in the morning. Wait till the Desktop is pretty much up again, then reconnect the web cam. If it still fails, next try plugging the cam into each different USB port

I first disconnected all devices from the case (including the monitor cable even) and then when the case remained alone I shut down it and waited for a few minutes (because now is not night to get a good sleep!:) ) I connected all devices but the webcam, and turned on the PC. When it completely loaded I connected the webcam to the back's case USB. But UNFORTUNATELY the result is this. (in below image).:(

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    109.4 KB · Views: 5
So far, that's GOOD news! We fixed the first problem: USB Handshake must be working and Windows receives a valid set of PnP IDs from the cam.

Now Windows knows what the USB device is, but it can't find a suitable driver. We'll help it look.

While the cam is connected, List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

There are four. I think the second is the problem.

Bluetooth Peripheral Device BTHENUM\{00000002-0000-1000-8000-0002EE000002}_VID&00010001_PID&0139\8&1218C3B2&0&DC3EF83A14DF_C00000000 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Not Available USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\6&944C330&0&4 43

VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1 ROOT\VMWARE\0000 This device is disabled.

VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8 ROOT\VMWARE\0001 This device is disabled.

Your posts indicate you managed to fix the problem and but it's back again :(

A USB device identifies itself by those cryptic looking strings. The start of a USB device string is formatted as USB\VID_xxxx&PID_yyyy where the values for xxxx and yyyy are variables. (Their value will be different for different USB devices)

However, the value of 0000 for xxxx and yyyy is reserved for an error condition
> When USB device recognition fails, you see zero values
> When USB device recognition works, both xxxx and yyyy are non-zero values

The image in your post #5 was good news. It meant Windows received a valid ID but couldn't find a driver for it. (But in those cases, I can try to go find the driver for you :) )

But if you're seeing USB\VID_0000&PID_0000 it means there's hardware/connectivity problem again

p.s. You can always see Hardware IDs using device manager. Right click the device->Properties->Details tab. Use the pull down menu to select Hardware Ids. The first ID in the list is what we want.

But if you can't consistenly get a valid ID, there's still a problem :(

For anyone reading future, thought I'd try a simpler summary

Case in post #1 USB Not Recognized means: there's a hardware/com/sync problem between Windows and USB. They can't talk. It may be caused by power related issues or faulty hardware

Case in post #5 Driver Not Found means: Windows and the cam are talking! Windows received an ID but can't find a driver.

You can see a device's ID using Device Manager
> Right click the device ->Properties->Details tab.
> Now use the pull down menu to see the ID. (For Windows 7, it'll be name Hardware ID in the menu). The first ID in the list is what we're after

For case of post #1, I'd expect you to find Unknown Device listed under USB with an ID starting USB\VID_0000&PID_0000

For case of post #5, I'd expect you to find a device with a yellow icon listed under "Other". For that case, find its Hardware ID and copy/paste to report it. (An msinfo32 Problem report should also reveal the ID)

OK dear lookinAround, your info is worthwhile but what at end? Although this info may help me some day but what exactly I need now is that my machine recognizes the webcam. The main issue is that.

OK dear lookinAround, your info is worthwhile but what at end? Although this info may help me some day but what exactly I need now is that my machine recognizes the webcam. The main issue is that.
Yes. Sorry. Tech explanations don't help if it's still not clear now to get around the problem! Here's things to try for the USB Not Recognized problem
  1. Try full instructions as in post #4
  2. Buy a USB Y cable. Your cam will draw its power from 2 USB ports and get twice the power. This often (but, of course, not always) fixes this type of problem. Google USB Y power cable. Make sure the USB connecttions are correct for your computer and cam (some cables will have mini USB ports). Also, if you buy one, consider the cable length you'll need
  3. Do you have a powered USB hub? (One with its own AC power cord?) If you do, try plugging the cam into the hub and hub into computer. If you don't, just try the USB Y cable. Would be still better then a powered hub

The goal is getting to the "Driver not Found' message when you plug in the error. Then you tell me the Hardward ID. Warning: A cam may not have a drivers for all versions of Windows. But if the USB port / Cam connection works consistently, tell me the Hardware ID and I'll see what I can find

Although I haven't got the problem solved but I want you know that I completely appreciate your trying to help me. Thank you very much.:)
But about the things you said:
I don't like/want to buy another device (USB Y power cable) for that messy webcam. I paid one time for that and don't do another one to get the hope of solving it this way!
The main issue that has involved my mind is that why that cam worked on an old PC with same OS (both Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 32-bit), but not on this new one!
I don't have a USB hub but I want to buy one.
I'm almost sure the problem is related to software area.
Another bad story for us in Iran is that almost every device which is made in outside, and come from china, has very bad materials and therefore it leads many problems for users of them here.

Yes, makes sense. Better to get a new cam instead of buying a Y cable (which is still not guaranteed to fix the problem anyway).

If you get a hub, buy a "self-powered" hub (it has it's own AC adapter)
Bus-powered hubs draw power from the USB bus which can also be problematic.

Abbasi - Sorry I couldn't fix this problem... but happy to help best I can :)

No problem LookinAround, you did whatever you could to do. Thanks again.
LookinAround
LookinAround

Back