My mic is picking up everything i can hear

Ok so, I know several people have had this issue in the past, and its mostly resolved by tampering around a few things in your playback devices, like turning off stereo mix, and other fixes like that. But in my case its a little more advanced, I find that after every single headset/mic I use, I get the same issue, I completely wiped my pc in an attempt to see if it was something I may have installed or accidentally changed something, that may have caused this. But I just got the same results.

But it seems that, even if I have no mic plugged into my pc, it picks up whatever I'm hearing through my headset, as I said I've tried this with several different headsets, mics, any help will be appreciated.

Also I have tried messing around with my input sensitivity and how loud my audio is, but its always just the same result, you can hear it no matter what

Tinkering with settings for audio recording/playback is usually the right method. You have your computer there, so you can see what you have. Modern audio systems are a bit of a pain as there are several levels of 'setup'. Start by removing/disabling 3rd party audio software and work just with the audio settings in the Operating System. Check input/output cabling using motherboard connection descriptions - it is color coded and several are similar (I mess up light blue and light green). Check your work with Voice Recorder (included in Windows..if you are using Windows), etc. Once this is working properly, try your other software, etc. etc.

I have noted that the Windows 10 can become confused about audio, and the best way to get it unconfused is to go back to 'basic'. In one case, merely connecting headset - first to rear connection, then to front connection - restored operation.

In this case, tinkering often works. Microphones are speakers and speakers are microphones - depending on how they are wired. There are 3 or 4 levels of 'wiring' (cables & connectors, OS settings, software settings, playback settings, etc. etc.)

VERY OLD POST, I realize this. However, I just dealt with this with my headset. Not sure if it is relevant. I have a wired headset that requires separate connections for headphones and microphone. I had them plugged into the front, and this issue never got better for me. I unplugged my logitech speakers and plugged my headset into the back and the issue is gone. I think my issue is a onboard sound card issue...hope it can help someone.

VERY OLD POST, I realize this. However, I just dealt with this with my headset. Not sure if it is relevant. I have a wired headset that requires separate connections for headphones and microphone. I had them plugged into the front, and this issue never got better for me. I unplugged my logitech speakers and plugged my headset into the back and the issue is gone. I think my issue is a onboard sound card issue...hope it can help someone.
You actually helped me. Thank you a lot! :)

Back