TechSpot

My microphone is not working properly

By isamsung
Mar 9, 2007
  1. Okay, so my laptop, Tecra S1 Toshiba (The worst laptop ever made), has its own built in mic so I don't need a mic in order to record or game talk. So the problem is my microphone has a very low volume by that meaning when I record something on windows recorder or ventrilo, the sound is very low. In games such as CS, the mic sounds is fine and seem to work perfectly. I reinstalled my windows along with my sound drivers. Any ideas would be great. Thank you in advance.

P.S. Yes, I did crank up all the volumes in sound device settings and it's selected to microphone for talking not line in or anything else.

2. Exonimus

Exonimus TS Rookie Posts: 137

just a quick thought: have you tried the 20dB boost? it helped for me. you need to go to the sound settings. Click options and enable 'advanced controls'. I assume your mic is already in that list. if not , click 'options' 'properties' and enable it. Now search for 'microphone' in the list. and 'advanced' beneath it. Click it, and it should say 1:20dB boost somewhere at the bottom.

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

There are some great USB mics available. I use a Logitech USB mic and it works great! The 20db boost causes massive feed back in some cases

4. anshuman

anshuman TS Rookie Posts: 17

thanks

my system just died and i had to reset every thing even open my laptop!!
    to fix it and so since there were a lot of default settings i didnt know that my mic didnt
    enable boost

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.