My minidumps - please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valor

Hello everyone,
I've been getting a lot of BSODs lately and was wondering if you guys can help me with identifying and fixing the culprit. Here are my latest minidumps:

Thanks!!

Two of your minidumps are unreadable. This is usually the symptom of faulty hardware and ram is a possible culprit.

Your other 3 minidumps all crash with a bugcheck of A and this also indicates a possible ram problem. Two of them include RTL8187B.sys. This is your Realtek audio driver. Check for any updated drivers.

test your ram as per the instructions in this thread.
You might also want to look at this thread and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

Regards Howard :)

RTL8187B.sys is not my audio driver but my TRENDnet wireless driver. I was hoping that this wasnt the cultprit since I need this component the most. Any idea what it is clashing with? Thanks for your input!

Thanks for the info on the RTL8187B.sys file. I don`t think anything is clashing with it. It`s either a faulty driver, in which case you should look for a different version, or it`s a ram problem like I said it might be. As an outside chance it could be the wireless card itself that`s the problem.

I removed and uninstalled the wireless adapter and switched to ethernet. The comp works better now but I still get occasional crashes. Please check out my last 3 minidumps AFTER my wireless removal. Are they pointing to any other bad drivers or mostly to faulty ram? Thanks!

All 3 minidumps are corrupt and unreadable. This points to faulty hardware and faulty ram is a distinct possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back