My Mo Board

By 93percent
Apr 17, 2004
  1. Hi all.
    First post here and it a pc is over 4 yrs old running at 755mghz.
    I know ****all about motherboards and cpu`s so do you think i should get a new board and bigger cpu or should i just get the bigger cpu???
    Thanks in advance.
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Well there are a few things to consider while making this decision. First off, if you are fine with the performance of your current computer, then I don't see a need to update it and spend the money. But if you are looking for something a little faster or newer, then I would definately look into updating.
    If you are interested in updating it, we will need more information on what type of motherboard you have, to see how fast of a processor it can take. But if it is 4 years old I am thinking you might need to get a new motherboard and CPU.
    Post back with your system specs, or fill them out in your proflie
  3. 93percent

93percent Banned Topic Starter

all i can see on my moboard is...MS 6334 in white writing.
    Is this the name? and where can i find the website of the manufacturer?
  4. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

MS 6334 is your mobo's model name. Its an MSI board from the model name MS.

The manufacturer's site is I failed to find your motherboard in their side but got hold of pdf doc of your mobo manual elsewhere.
    You won't be able to fit a Pentium 4 chip on to the motherboard as the socket is of different type. Your mobo is capable of only supporting PC133 and PC100 Rams only.

Like what poertner said earlier on, if you are into serious perfomance, get a new cpu, a mobo and ram as well.
  5. 93percent

Blimey !!! You lads dont hang about do you?
    Thanks for the info.
    I guess ill get a new board and chip and some memory.
    Whats a good but cheap option?
    I dont want a mega computer like the one in War Games but i do want to run things like FAR CRY/UNREAL2004.
  6. 93percent

Right then,just been to local pc shop and for a new board,2.4athleon chip,ddr memory and fitting...£207.00p.
    Will get them next week.HOORAHHH.
  7. SubKamran

SubKamran TS Rookie Posts: 166

If you want to play FarCry you may wanna look into an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. I have one @ 3.0Ghz and it's 30fps at full settings (with AA).
  8. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

2.4 Athlon? Why not get a Barton 2.5GHz Athlon?
  9. Steg

Steg TS Rookie Posts: 269

I have to agree with young&wild - but the difference is that a better motherboard/ram will be needed - if some computer shop are doing the upgrade on the cheap then they might have bundled in cheap mobo/ram......then again for £200.....should be good quality stuff

It might be worth asking if you can have a 2500+ Barton 93%...if you havent already put the order in

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.