My monitor doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
recently, I bought 3 optiplex GX280 and a LCD ViewSonic VG700b, from the companny where I work.
they had to remove the OS before they sell these computers to their employees.
when I tried to connect the monitor, all I could see was "no "signal.

the optiplex has an integrated video card and I need to install the OS.
but how can I navigate the installation if I can't see anything on the monitor.

I feel very lost and I would greatly appreciate any help that you can provide.

Have you tried the monitor on all the machines? Have you tried the monitor on any machines other than the optiplex's? Could be the video card on the optiplex. Make sure you have a good solid connection to the video card. Make sure it's not loose. Make sure the fan is turning on the video card. If the fan is not turning it could be dead.

Does it only have the integrated video card? or is there another? If that is the only one, then I don't know what to tell you.

Do you see anything on the screen at any point? Aside from no signal of course.

If there is more than 1 video port, try the other, basically you need to get into the BIOS and make sure you've told it to use the one you want it to.

Thank you very much for your answers.
I tried the monitor on the other three computers but I got the same results. That's why I think that this computers may need a driver that would tell the video card to acept the new monitor.
but, how can I do this, if I can't see the BIOS. I will do what you said and look for a new port and see if that helps. I'll keep you posted of my progress.

What you can try is plugging in the old monitor going in to monitor properties and lower it to the lowest refresh rate (Hz) I had this on my old monitor and all it was was that it didn't support that refresh rate.
The other thing to try is to lower resolution

Ok. I switch the monitor to my home computer and the monitor its working.
so, that said, the spot light is on the computer.
I relized that the dignostic lights were not green. after I readjusted the RAM
three of the lights came on.
the monitor still doesn't get the signal because there are errors at start up.
A,B,C lights are green but D remains yellow.
I checked the connections of the following components: Hard drive, CD-drive
but it doesn't make a difference.

Does anybody knows what can I do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back