My Monitor Keeps Going Blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushy

Firstly I'm a bit new to this so my apologies if I've put this in the wrong place but I'm having real problems with my monitor.

When I turn the pc on the monitor goes blank after about a second or two - but the green light stays on. If I turn the monitor off then on again it comes on for another second or two and then goes off again.

I tried starting it in VGA mode (on the third attempt of getting the buttons quick enought with very little display) but it still did it.

I know very little about pc's so any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

PS. I've now managed to try another monitor and that seems to be working fine - is it as simple as I need a new monitor or is it fixable?

Many thanks

I had a similar problem however it was not my monitor it was my video card was over heating because the fan seized. if you are not having any more problems with the new monitor then I would have to think it is your monitor. if you are still having problems then take a look at your video card.

Also check the connecting cable - could be a dry joint in the connector block. What sort of monitor is it ? LCD or VDU, how old is it, have you heard any strange noises or smells, what happens when you attach your monitor to another PC ?

Yep, check the cable, bend it around a bit, maybe it has a short in it that you can "fix" by making it bend a certain direction. If that doesn't fix it, and you don't have problems with the new monitor, then it looks like you need a new monitor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back