My monitor stays black

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i have a problem bout my pc.. it stays black eventhough i turn it on but the led i still blnking. the cpu and the avr are functionng... i already clean the video card in the motherboard.. what else should i do to fix it? i'm a newbies in this site...
any comments is appreciated...

When you turn on the PC even though you can't see anything, do you hear Windows starting or do you get nothing at all?

what is SATA cable?

the only sound i heard is when i on the monitor, there's no sign or sound that the window is opening.. i already check the connection hoping that it just might be a loose of connection.. really dnt know what to do.. i already cleaned the dust in motherboard and reinsert the ram and video card.. but it still the same

I don't suppose you have another computer to hook up to that monitor do you? That would tell you if it was the box or the monitor . Guessing you have a flat panel it could be the back light or inverter. Mine just went on my laptop but I was able to order both parts for about 25.00 for both. I have never replaced one in a regular flat screen but it takes a lot of screws in a laptop.

what is SATA cable?
SATA only applies to hard drives or optical drives, not graphics.

From what you describe, it sounds, to me, like the graphics card has failed. What kind do you have?

so you mean the prob is in a graphic card? i already tried another monitor and the result is still the same. make me conclude that the prob is in the cpu.

how do i recognize the graphic card?

If you are not into serious video (high end graphic games and so forth) you can get them really cheap new at Tiger Direct/ Comp USA or really cheap on Ebay.

yea mine is messing up too all fans come on even on my video card but all i get is a black screen ima c if i can hear windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back