My monitor won't display anything! i just built a new pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an asus a7m266-d motherboard with no usb ports on it.
-2 mp 2000 processors at 266mhz fsb
-nvidia fx5500 256mb
250 gig hard drive

monitor wont display anything and i desperately need help :(. this is the first pc i built and i want it running.

Does it fire up at all??? Do you get any beeps??? What ram have you put in it???

it fires up. it doesn't beep at all. but when i remove the ram just to see it will beep, it still doesn't. i put a 256 in slot one and a 128 in slot 2

but it still looks like it runs really smoothly but it seems like it wont communicate with the monitor.

What speed are the 2 ram sticks???

You could try clearing the cmos!!! Your mobo manual will tell you how to do it!!!!

Open up your case, (always ground yourself and unplug the computer) and look for a lithium battery on the motherboard. Remove it for a few seconds, and put it back in. What kind of power supply do you have? Do you know the number of watts and the ampere rating?

i have a 420w power supply and it requires 400w

weird thing is, i dont get any beeps even though there isn't any memory. does that mean my motherboard is fried?

There are hundereds if not thousands of components on a mobo, one can play up and allow the rest to work!!!!!

i had this same problem this week where the monitor wasnt turning on with my duo core 2 processor it was my 3 gig ram one of them was faulty so had to be changed...it didnt even do the beep sounds that it should

It sounds odd that you get no error beeps when you take the ram off. This happened to me with my computer, i had to change the MOBO and the Power supply. (this was also my first time, IT WAS HELL) In all after changing the MOBO every thing worked fine.

Change the MoBo and see if thats the problem.

Well, actually, the same thing happened to me, but I was using different parts.

Have you connected your 4-pin ATX12V cable? If not, that is most likely causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back