My monitor wont go on when i turn my PC on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Loin

I recently made a PC using some spare parts, when I tried to turn it on my monitor wont go on. I know the video card works, I just can't get my monitor to go on. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Sir Loin

Have you tested the monitor with a good known computer??

Is the video card seated properly?

Can you try another video card in the machine?

The moniter works fine with other computers, the video card is seated properly. I haven't tried another video card though. Thanks.

is it pluged in to the right slot becuse some computers have onboard video and if so did you disable the onboard video?

Its in the right slot. I tried another video card and it still didn't work, I have no idea what to do...

I think you are going to have to take everything apart and reseat everything, including CPU and RAM. Something is not plugged in right, or is broken completely.

I found what was wrong, one of the jumpers on the mb near the RAM fell out, thats probably whats wrong, i can't think of or find anything else.

still the same, i went to the manufacturers website to see how to configure the jumpers and it wasn't any help. I'm about to quit, this is making me go crazy.

PLease post some specs of this computer such as Motherboard ,Ram procrossor and os this would be the first step for us to help you..

The motherboard is a Aopen MX34, the processor is a Intel Celoron, it takes SDR 133.

I found and fixed the problem! one of the jumpers fell out and went under the motherboard, Thanks for all of your help.

Sir Loin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back