My monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyQuinn

is being kind of screwy. It's a Compaq monitor 7550 and I purchased it back in February at Circut City. It was actually a display model because they were out and it was the only one left. I noticed that around April scanlines started to appear at the top of the monitor. Then, slowly, day by day there would be more and more. It got to about where it would fill 2 inches of the top of my monitor with scanlines. Then, one day it was gone. I don't know how, but it was nice that it was gone so I didn't think about it much and I was just like woohoo, ya know? Well around the end of May, it came back! :( I've had scanlines on my monitor since then, and finally it's irritated me enough to ask about it cause I don't know what to do about it. I've messed with the display settings on my monitor. I've read about how speakers can cause your monitor to have scanlines because of the magnets and all, and I've tried the dagaus (I think that's what it's called) button. It just won't go away and it's really frustrating, so anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Have tried the monitor another system?
First off we need to know about the system you have the monitor
hooked up to.
Video card, MoBo, cpu, OS etc. it'll help us help you.
G'Luck

Umm.. I have a Compaq 7360 (that's what it says on the tower). I'm using windows 98 second edition.. as for video card, haven't a clue. How would I find that out?

Download this,
Everest
it will give you tmi (too much info) about your system..
you'll know alot more about your comp.
which will help us to help you.
It does sound like it may be the monitor, tho I'd like it if you
could test it on another machine to rule it out...
G'Luck

Hehe, well that's a really neat program, thanks. As for Video Cards:
Display:
Video Adapter Trident Blade3D/MVP4 (63) (8 MB)
3D Accelerator Trident Blade3D i7
Monitor Compaq 7550 [17" CRT] (12083735740016)

That's what I have. I'll see about taking my monitor to a friends to see if it works. However, until then any other possibilities would be great to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back