My new build, what do you think?

By kakarot27
Oct 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

I'd look at the CM 690 II for a case. Also the Radeon HD 6950 would be a slightly better GPU.
  2. kakarot27

kakarot27 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 78

i would get a ati card but i have a 2233rz that i bought a year ago because of the input lag, and a nvidia 3d glasses i also feel that the cm 690 II is a better buy for me. What about the ram? will it work with the mobo?
  3. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

Also I would stay away from the Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus. I have the same unit but the efficiency of the Extreme Power series is suspect.
  4. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,364   +9

i would drop that ssd if thats all ur going to be using because a good 1tb drive would be better imo but if you have a HHD already then the ssd will work great. i also agree with rit about the 6950 video card.
  5. kakarot27

kakarot27 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 78

i have bought and assembled everything up there, i bought the 560 because of 3d vision (i have a 2233rz and glasses). i bought the coolermaster psu because i bought it before his reply :( i bought the haf 922 because of the cooling. =D thanks for all your help! (i talked to techspot guys outside this forum)
  6. ViPeRMiMiS

ViPeRMiMiS TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 106

In my opinion, Radeon HD™ 6950 is better GPU. Everything else is fine. If you want to stick with nVIDIA® then buy a GeForce™ GTX 560 Ti which is a slightly better version of GTX 560 Ti. That's all , I want to buy the same components, :D hope I helped with the GPU, cause the CPU is perfect value4money ;-)

You can also buy 4 or 6 GB of Ram, if you want "more" 6 is recommend, 8GB are more expensive, if you have the money 100% buy them! (For example 6GB at 1,866 or more is better than 8GB @ 1.600 but that depends on applications, I guess you play PC Games, so 4gb+ are the recommend

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.