My new eVGA 7600gt CO running slower than I thought it would

By AhrenBa
Sep 2, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Guys,

I just got the eVGA 7600gt CO and put it in my Dell 4700 with 512MB of RAM, 2.8ghz P4, and a 80GB SATA hard drive.

When I am playing AOE3, I have the graphics options on the highest they can be, and I am only getting a top of 34fps and sometimes it dips down to like 19-21fps. Is this normal?

I also ran the Aquamark3 test and got a score of 55,801, is that normal? When I was running the test, the fps counter in the bottom barely got above 40fps.

This card is 580/1500mhz and has 256MB of RAM.

Also, in Civilization 4, I am only getting 44fps with max settings.

What do you guys think?
  2. stevenazari

stevenazari Newcomer, in training Posts: 44

best thing you can do is let the application control it, I turned everything on to full thinking thats the best thing to do but it aint the case.
  3. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 25

What do you mean by this? Have the game or the card control it? Where do I do this?
  4. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

I'm afraid your CPU might be bottlenecking your card :(

Try lowering your resolution, and in-game details. Also, make sure you aren't using too much antialiasing.

Also, make sure you have the latest video drivers.
  5. Rayss523

Rayss523 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 120

Add RAM man for most games now 1GB is a must especially for CIV4, some more RAM will really help your comp out I would go for 2GB if possible.
  6. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 25

Alright, cool, I will do that soon. Oh, btw, I ran 3dmark05 and got a score of 4786, is that good?
  7. F1N3ST

F1N3ST Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,088

Ill run 3dmark05 and i should get A LOT lower lol, a 2.9ghz celeron d and a 5500fx :(
  8. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Ive never heard of a 2.9 ghz celeron... is it overclocked or underclocked?

EDIT: Oh, sorry I forgot about the 2.93 ghz version :p
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.