My new eVGA 7600gt CO running slower than I thought it would

By AhrenBa
Sep 2, 2006
  1. Hey Guys,

I just got the eVGA 7600gt CO and put it in my Dell 4700 with 512MB of RAM, 2.8ghz P4, and a 80GB SATA hard drive.

When I am playing AOE3, I have the graphics options on the highest they can be, and I am only getting a top of 34fps and sometimes it dips down to like 19-21fps. Is this normal?

I also ran the Aquamark3 test and got a score of 55,801, is that normal? When I was running the test, the fps counter in the bottom barely got above 40fps.

This card is 580/1500mhz and has 256MB of RAM.

Also, in Civilization 4, I am only getting 44fps with max settings.

What do you guys think?
  2. stevenazari

stevenazari TS Rookie Posts: 44

best thing you can do is let the application control it, I turned everything on to full thinking thats the best thing to do but it aint the case.
  3. AhrenBa

AhrenBa TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

What do you mean by this? Have the game or the card control it? Where do I do this?
  4. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

I'm afraid your CPU might be bottlenecking your card :(

Try lowering your resolution, and in-game details. Also, make sure you aren't using too much antialiasing.

Also, make sure you have the latest video drivers.
  5. Rayss523

Rayss523 TS Enthusiast Posts: 102

Add RAM man for most games now 1GB is a must especially for CIV4, some more RAM will really help your comp out I would go for 2GB if possible.
  6. AhrenBa

AhrenBa TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

Alright, cool, I will do that soon. Oh, btw, I ran 3dmark05 and got a score of 4786, is that good?
  7. F1N3ST

F1N3ST TS Rookie Posts: 596

Ill run 3dmark05 and i should get A LOT lower lol, a 2.9ghz celeron d and a 5500fx :(
  8. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

Ive never heard of a 2.9 ghz celeron... is it overclocked or underclocked?

EDIT: Oh, sorry I forgot about the 2.93 ghz version :p
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.