My old GeForce 6800 XTreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveExistence

I used to use an GeForce 6800 XTreme from XFX. It's PCI express and 512 DDR3 with SLI capability. However, after a bad electrical surge that ended up with me replacing most of the parts in my PC it doesn't seem to work anymore. When I put it on the motherboard its green light for power comes on and its fan spins, but when I try to hook it up to my monitor it doesn't seem to send anything. I'd really like to know if there's anything I can do for it, because I replaced with some gig ddr2 card that's nowhere near as good.

Did you replace the motherboard? If not have you tried this card in a completely different computer?

I did replace my motherboard, which has caused an audio problem I posted about in the mobo section. I've tried hooking the video card into different monitor's using different output cords.

Your vga just may be toast then. Are you looking to replace it asap? If so give us a budget so we can help you.

I already have it replaced with an GeForce 8500 GT, it's just a gig of ddr2 but it does well enough. This desktop has just about had it and I am probably going to give it to my mother since all she really does is surf the internet. However, I'm looking to get this laptop:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9172511&type=product&id=1218043606827

It is actually 1048.00 at Best Buy, and the geek squad will remove the bloat ware and tweak the registry on Vista for an extra 38.00 although I'm pretty confident I could probably manage that on my own or with help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back