TechSpot

My PC freezes after a few minutes

By Suave
Apr 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

After coming home and being told by my wife that "the PC is not working", I took a look - it was consistently freezing after only a few minutes. So, I logged on in Safe Mode and consecutively ran my various counter virus software (MS Essentials, Malaware Bytes and Spybot), which removed/fixed various issues they detected. This didn't seem to help.

So I Restored to my earliest log. I then ran Windows on Normal Mode and it seems to work OK, but I still sense there may still be viral infection.

I then downloaded "Hijackthis" and ran it, without fixing/deleting any files . I have attached the log - I would be very grateful indeed if you could take a look and let me know if you spot any anomalies?

Thanks very much indeed

S :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,066   +169

How many antivirus/antimalware programs do you have installed? Select 1 antivirus program (MSE) and ditch all those tool bars

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,066   +169

vipgaurav, what antivirus programs do you have installed? What are your symptoms and what are your computer specs?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.