TechSpot

My PC freezes after a few minutes

By Suave
Apr 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

After coming home and being told by my wife that "the PC is not working", I took a look - it was consistently freezing after only a few minutes. So, I logged on in Safe Mode and consecutively ran my various counter virus software (MS Essentials, Malaware Bytes and Spybot), which removed/fixed various issues they detected. This didn't seem to help.

So I Restored to my earliest log. I then ran Windows on Normal Mode and it seems to work OK, but I still sense there may still be viral infection.

I then downloaded "Hijackthis" and ran it, without fixing/deleting any files . I have attached the log - I would be very grateful indeed if you could take a look and let me know if you spot any anomalies?

Thanks very much indeed

S :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,227   +232

How many antivirus/antimalware programs do you have installed? Select 1 antivirus program (MSE) and ditch all those tool bars

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,227   +232

vipgaurav, what antivirus programs do you have installed? What are your symptoms and what are your computer specs?