TechSpot

My Pc Keeps Turning Off!!! Please Help!

By moynul
Jul 28, 2007
  1. Hi everyone. My first time here.

I just need help with my PC. I have a Dell Dimesion 8400. It was working fine untill a few weeks ago when it keeps turning off. I log on and everything and the all these warning messages pop up and it restarts.

At the moment I am logged in on safe mode with networking. But its really annoying coz i cant use msn or listen to music. Sometimes it works fine but that is very rare.

First I thought it was one of the fans in the PC, but there both spinning. I even vacumed the inside of the computer but no luck!!!

Someone please help!!

2. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,272

Hi,

What kind of warning messages pop up? If possible, perhaps you could post a screenshot so we could determine is the pop ups are legit or from malware.

Regards,
    Your friendly momok =)

3. moynul

moynul TS Rookie Topic Starter

4. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,554

Sounds like spyware. I recommend the following 3 anti-spyware utilities:

• Ad-Aware 2007
    • Spybot Search & Destroy
    • AVG Anti-Spyware
    All are free and can be downloaded via the Internet.

5. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,272

I'm afraid we cannot open word documents in case viruses/trojans may be embedded in them. You could upload the images to somewhere like imageshack or even on ur user gallery in techspot then link it.

Regards,
    Your friendly momok =)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.