My PC randomly crashes when I'm working

HiYa All!

I am a newbie here and I have no clue when it comes to technical aspects of my computer.

To start with, I am a graphic designer and photographer. So pretty much the gist is, I eat up alot of storage in my pc. I downloaded numerous softwares for my work which I truly, truly need (most especially the plugins for Photoshop cs5).

I updated my computer just last year (around December I think) and my new motherboard conked out (crashed and just went black screen on me) after a month. I had to replace it (pretty much a waste of money) and after that, everything worked smoothly.

Anyway, my problem now is, my computer is once again crashing or restarting but most of the time, it's when I'm working on photographs or design and I'm doing multiple works. Sometimes, when I turn off everything and just let Photoshop cs5 open, it crashes also. Most of the time, the Adobe products are the ones crashing. Also, when I'm working in PS and I'm trying to use a plugin, an error will pop up saying there's not enough memory.

I'm not sure what's happening but I hope it's not motherboard again or any hardware because I have no money for it anymore :(

Can anyone please help me before I decide to reformat (oh no!) again or bring my pc to those tech guys whom I don't think are experts, really.

Thank you so much in advance!

Regards,
Pichuuur

P.S: I understand you guys need some technical background. So here it is, as much as I know:

Processor: Intel Quadcore Q8400 2.66GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4GB (3.25 usable)
System type: 32-bit
HDD: Onboard: 1TB and 120GB
External HDD: 1TB and 600GB (which I turn off when not in use)
Videocard: ATI Radeon HD 5500 Series
Sound: onboard
Power Supp: 500W
Monitor: 31in LED PnP (if that helps?)

I guess that's enough? Thank you! :)

Are you getting Blue Screens? I am wondering if you have enough memory because what you are doing, especially with multitasking, will demand a lot of RAM.

Back