My PC screen keeps on going black

Status
Not open for further replies.
my dell computer eveytime i turn it on it loads like normal but when it gets to the user bit where you get to choose the users the screen ALL WAYS GO'S BLACK and all you see its your mouse >:C i tired turning off and on 4 like 100000000 times but nothing happens err if you can help plaese post something 2 help ME.

THX

I can understand your frustration, but first you need to write properly. Spell out your words and use punctuation. I need to know where your sentence starts and ends. The way you write is a little confusing.

Also, you need to give us some more information other than that your computer is a Dell. We need all the information about your computer that you can give us to help you out.

What model of Dell is it? What hardware do you have in there? How much RAM? What kind of power supply? What kind of graphics card? What kind of power supply do you have? What else have you tried other than shutting it down several times? What Operating System are you running?

Get back to us with some more info about the system and we'll help you out. If you don't know how to get that kind of information, we can help you do that too.

??

I can understand your frustration, but first you need to write properly. Spell out your words and use punctuation. I need to know where your sentence starts and ends. The way you write is a little confusing.

Also, you need to give us some more information other than that your computer is a Dell. We need all the information about your computer that you can give us to help you out.

What model of Dell is it? What hardware do you have in there? How much RAM? What kind of power supply? What kind of graphics card? What kind of power supply do you have? What else have you tried other than shutting it down several times? What Operating System are you running?

Get back to us with some more info about the system and we'll help you out. If you don't know how to get that kind of information, we can help you do that too.

Hey im just a kid and i just want my computer to be back alive but all you said was to tell me eveything about my computer your not helping at all, all i know is my computer is a dell inspiron 531 and can you find out all the thing you said like RAM, Hardware and stuff HELP MEEEE

Look, the reason I asked that was because every computer is different. Knowing what kind of computer you have and what's in it is the first step. Before that, we can't help you very well.

I'm sorry if I came across as mean. That wasn't my intention. I wanted to help you, I just needed more info to go on.

What I want you to do is try to start the computer in safe mode. There's usually a screen right when you turn the power on with a logo of some sort. Press F8 and that should bring you to some options where you can boot into safe mode. You have to be quick and ready to press it because it might disappear kind of quickly.

That MIGHT get your computer to display the screen again in safe mode. Usually, safe mode only loads up the bare minimum in terms of software and drivers so this may get your computer to display something. But ONLY in safe mode.

If safe-mode shows you something, then what I would want you to do is install some new graphics drivers. Every part of your machine has some software that's called a driver. It's what helps to tell each part what to do and how to do it. You can find the driver for your graphics card on the Nvidia website. Nvidia is the maker of your graphics card.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

You have the GeForce 6150. So go to the download drivers section that I just linked you to, and select GeForce 6 series under the "Product Series" section. Then choose your operating system, and click download.

You'll get a setup file. Run that file, and it should install some new graphics drivers for you. Then restart the computer and boot it regularly. This might help you out.

Let me know how this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back