TechSpot

My PC shuts down after 10 - 20 min of gameplay

By But-ninja
Jun 10, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello , This only recently started happening My PC would play games like Battlefield 3 and The Witcher 2 No problem But now its starting to crash I get no error the PC just freezes for a second then shuts down. I have checked all my drivers they are up to date , Heat is not an issue I checked I don't know whats happening

My specs are
    AMD Phenom II processor
    MSI 880GMS - E35 Motherboard
    Nvidia Geforce GTs 250
    4 GB RAM

Any help will be very appreciated

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Check the video card for dust and that the fan is running normally. Make sure the fan is clean and free of dust

3. But-ninja

But-ninja TS Rookie Topic Starter

Okay I did that does not seem to be crashing since I was able to play 2 Matches but I will repond if this changes thank you :)

4. Tmagic650

You are welcome :)

5. But-ninja

Still happening :(

I believe it may be My Processor I checked when it gets to 60 C it MAkes my PC shutdown How can I cool it even further ?

6. Tmagic650

You are going to have to re-install the CPU heatsink. You will have to clean off the old thermal paste and apply a small amount of new paste

7. But-ninja

Not very tech Savvy

8. Tmagic650

Do you have a friend or family member that can do this for you? A computer service shop can do it for you too