My PC vs XBox 360/PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabrielhobro

I was wondering which is better out of an xbox360/ps3 and my pc, its specs are;
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000 3.1GHz
4Gb DDR2 Memory
nVidia 9800 GTX 512Mb Graphics Card(SLi Ready)

could you tell me because i am considering an xbox

You need to be more specific before this becomes a valid question. But I'll help you out a bit.

For FPS gaming, the PC - KB + Mouse is pretty well accepted to be a far superior solution to a controller.

For almost all other types of gaming the console wins, its primary purpose is to play games, games are designed to work with exactly that set of hardware.

For overall, the PC wins, consoles will never be able to do all that a PC can.

Yeah if you're looking to play FPS, then PC = win. The gap between console gaming and PC gaming has been closing though and consoles are becoming more and more advanced. I doubt that we will ever see a console that is potentially more powerful than a modern-day PC but I guess it could happen in the future. If you are looking to play certain X360 ports such as Gears and BioShock, the controller for Windows works pretty good for those titles. I was never able to find a complete compatible game list...

You need to be more specific before this becomes a valid question. But I'll help you out a bit.

For FPS gaming, the PC - KB + Mouse is pretty well accepted to be a far superior solution to a controller.

For almost all other types of gaming the console wins, its primary purpose is to play games, games are designed to work with exactly that set of hardware.

Consoles are mostly better for 3rd person games (Fable, Gears of War, etc) and PC is best for FPS games for obvious reasons. It's mostly what you're going to play when you're choosing a console, the 360 is a more common and popular choice because more games are coming out for it and there is a majority that are online that you can play with.

I personally have a PS3, Xbox 360 and a PC and I play all of them, I've been playing my 360 lately for Fable 2 though. :)

I specificially meant in hardware terms, i.e. which can handle harder games ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back