My PC won't start up

just build a new pc with i5 2500k , sapertooth p67 and corsair 650tx
i started it 2 -3 times it didnt recognize the memory so i pressed the memory ok and it did after i while - when i manage to start it said cpu fan fail - i tried applying new thermal paste to the cpu , attaching better the fan which is corsair a50 - now the led is showing yellow (not blinking)on the motherboard but when i press the start - nothing starts

i am not really sure but i think i have a faulty motherboard or psu

1. How much thermal paste did you apply?

2. I've had this happen to me and the following sometimes tedious but tried and true method works surprisingly quite well. Disconnect everything from your motherboard except the cpu, one stick of RAM, and the power plug from psu to motherboard. Boot-up; if it boots-up and remains so then shut it down and add one piece of hardware. Boot up again and if it remains on repeat and so on.

It will help you to narrow down where the issue might be. If it doesn't boot up the first try then either it is your psu or motherboard.

* Also, however, make sure your motherboard is not shorting out by either touching your case or a wire.

1. How much thermal paste did you apply?

2. I've had this happen to me and the following sometimes tedious but tried and true method works surprisingly quite well. Disconnect everything from your motherboard except the cpu, one stick of RAM, and the power plug from psu to motherboard. Boot-up; if it boots-up and remains so then shut it down and add one piece of hardware. Boot up again and if it remains on repeat and so on.

It will help you to narrow down where the issue might be. If it doesn't boot up the first try then either it is your psu or motherboard.

* Also, however, make sure your motherboard is not shorting out by either touching your case or a wire.

i am going to try that and see what happens

Back