My Pictures folder keeps reappearing on desktop

crimsonheis

Hello.

I have this annoying occurrence on my dekstop and I don't think it's a virus/malware though. Probably a windows glitch that I don't know how to fix. :/

Anyway, I have a "My Pictures.." (with the ..) folder on my desktop, I couldn't open it, it would say that It refers to a location that is unavailable. And when I do try to delete it, it says cannot read from source file or disk.

What's peculiar is that it creates another My Pictures folder that's empty, and I can freely delete it only to reappear on next boot up. I have recently transferred all my photos to an external HD so I don't have any use of this folder.

What I want is at least, even if i had a my pictures folder (since i guess its a windows thing), its just placed on my my docs folder, and that i get rid of the My Pictures.. folder that's totally useless.

Ran malwarebytes, avast, and other scans but it seems to be free from any threat. So definitely not a virus/malware.

Any help?

Hello.

I have this annoying occurrence on my dekstop and I don't think it's a virus/malware though. Probably a windows glitch that I don't know how to fix. :/

Anyway, I have a "My Pictures.." (with the ..) folder on my desktop, I couldn't open it, it would say that It refers to a location that is unavailable. And when I do try to delete it, it says cannot read from source file or disk.

What's peculiar is that it creates another My Pictures folder that's empty, and I can freely delete it only to reappear on next boot up. I have recently transferred all my photos to an external HD so I don't have any use of this folder.

What I want is at least, even if i had a my pictures folder (since i guess its a windows thing), its just placed on my my docs folder, and that i get rid of the My Pictures.. folder that's totally useless.

Ran malwarebytes, avast, and other scans but it seems to be free from any threat. So definitely not a virus/malware.

Any help?

Have you tried removing it in safe mode?

I went to safe mode and tried deleting it, no avail. I can only delete the My Picture folder it creates. but not the My Picture..

Sometimes files or folders w/ really long name will show up as "Some long name...", w/ 3 periods. When you click on the icon, it remains the same "My Pictures.." w/ 2 periods?

ohhh...
I deleted My Pictures, but after I restarted, it just reappeared.

Though I can delete it freely now, but it will just keep reappearing

hahaha. i just changed some registry thingies to change the default location of the My Pictures folder. its where it should be now ^^

Cool, I was going to suggest using something like TwekaUI and change the location of the folder.

Back