My Sapphire Radeon 5770 HD won't display

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostiE

I put it in my computer, turned on, and nothing display on my monitor at all, everything else is responsive, but I get a black screen/no display.

Did you plug in the 6 pin PCI-E power connector? If so, what was your old card and what power supply do you have?

BTW, 10 minutes is a bit soon for bumps.

Did you plug in the 6 pin PCI-E power connector? If so, what was your old card and what power supply do you have?

BTW, 10 minutes is a bit soon for bumps.

Yes, I did, and my old card is a GeForce 6200se TurboCache and my PowerSupply puts out 600W and the 5770 HD requires 400W, so that's all clear.

Is your monitor on the correct source? Some monitors give the option to have different displays plugged into. My Samsung has a Analog and Digital source button.

Is your monitor on the correct source? Some monitors give the option to have different displays plugged into. My Samsung has a Analog and Digital source button.

I have no idea, and @ the other reply, I didn't uninstall the drivers of the old GFX Card, and my PSU is a Coolmax 140MM Silent Fan 600W Power Supply. Just put it in yesterday.

@ the other reply, I didn't uninstall the drivers of the old GFX Card

That's what is causing the problem then I think. You should always remove previous drivers from your system. I think it is mentioned in your product manual.

Plug your old card in and uninstall it's drivers. After that put in your new card and install the latest Catalyst drivers.

That's what is causing the problem then I think. You should always remove previous drivers from your system. I think it is mentioned in your product manual.

Plug your old card in and uninstall it's drivers. After that put in your new card and install the latest Catalyst drivers.

I believe so as well, but let's say it still doesn't work, then what ?

One step at a time. Eliminate this possibility first.

When I first tried to install it, I had a old PSU which only allowed 400W, the GFX card needs 450W, so I went and bought the new PSU, which is now 600W, so I know that's not the issue, because when I first tried to install it, I had the same issue, AND I uninstalled the drivers, so I just thought it was the PSU, but now I know it's not, catch my drift?

If all else (including your old GPU) functions and only the new card creates problems even after proper installation of the ATI drivers and removal of the old ones, I'd say that you should try the GPU in a different system if possible. If it still doesn't work, RMA.

If you don't have access to another system then simply RMA now.

Ok, I just tried updating my BIOS - Fail
I tried uninstalling old drivers then trying to get it working - Fail

When my old GFX card is in and the VGA/DVI plug is disconnected, it says "Check Video Cable" on my monitor, when my new GFX card is in and the DVI/VGA cable is disconnected, it shows nothing.

It appears that the new card is defective. It shouldn't be this hard to get an image. As Ritwik suggested, use the warranty and exchange it.

I had the same issue having no display on my monitor I was using the CRT.
At first I thought my motherboard was too old.. So I got a new motherboard yet it still gives me no display so I've tried to use a different DVI to VGA adaptar also nothing worked. But! If you have a TV with HDMI and plug it in it works!
It worked with me!

how does one find out how much video memory their motherboard can handle?
because i am having the same problem.

I really don't think its dependant on the memory on the motherboard.

As long as the motherboard has PCI express (if your installing one), and a power supply capable of powering the graphics card, your all good.

As I understood it, thats your only limitations in regards to it functioning - How well it does depends on whether your hardware works with it, or is too slow for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back