My Sony VAIO is getting slower and slower

By DIONYSIS
Aug 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all,

My SONY VAIO VGN-TX3XP has been my business PC for a while.
    Recently, I got it back into business, but I noticed that it is extremely slow.

I do not care of the data already there (have been moved to other PCs) but I really need to have this one working in a proper way. Well at least not have the IE open after 4-5 minutes after pressing the IE icon.

Is there a way to figure out what slows it down, as well as fix what ever can be fixed?

Thank you in advance,
    DIONYSIS
  2. evilpix

evilpix Newcomer, in training

Yes I'm starting to think these are not a great comp at all!, I brought a brand new sony vaio laptop which is top end of the market. and it also take 2-3mins for explorer to start, the operating system takes atleast 3-5mins before you can do anything, other than that it just frozen. No viruses, running windows 8. but I have an old pent 4 , 2.8 dual processor running xp that flogs the arse off it.
    I found this on another site to see if there is any conflicts with explorer.
    run cmd and type sfc /scannow
    and let it run.
    cheers

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.