TechSpot

My system fails to turn on

By enjoyee
Oct 31, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys,
    It would be great if you would help with my problem.
    There was a problem in my system that whenever i try to restart my system it dint turn on again and have to wait for 5 mins before i was able to start.I dint care much as i would turn off the system instead of restarting.

But for the last couple of weeks my system is experiencing problem even when i turn it off and turn again.It takes atleats 15 mins before my system boots up and works.

Whenever i try that on before 15 mins it would show a screen with my motherboard name simmtronics and then turn off.my whole cpu starts when i turn on but it loses the power there after.I am not even able to enter setup screen

This is my system configuration
    Os-Windows & and Ubuntu 10.04(both 32 bit)
    Motherboard-Simmtronic G-31E(J)
    Processor-Intel core2duo E8400 @3.00ghz
    Ram-4.00 gb but shows oly 2.99gb(usable).

I changed my motherboard to simmtronics six months before because the intel motherboard was causing the problem of not at all turning on when i shut down.

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

Have considered the probability that it may also be an PSU issue? By the way what is the make/model etc. of it, how old it is ?

3. enjoyee

enjoyee TS Rookie Topic Starter

I would like to know what make and model you are referring to.

Ram,hdd,processor-2.5 years
    monitor,motherboard-6 months

4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

I'm talking about Power Supply Unit (PSU). Have you checked your system with different PSU ?