My Task Manager Isn't  Working

By ree53
Mar 30, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For some time now my task manager hasn't been working correctly. When I would click end now it would just pop up the window ending now, and nothing would happen. I would have to keep clicking end now to close the program, but now it has stopping completely. I'm attaching my logfile. Hope you can help me.
  2. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,048

I would give this a shot

Download to your Desktop this self-extracting ZIP archive FixPolicies.exe

• Double-click FixPolicies.exe
    • Click the Install button on the bottom toolbar of the box that will open.
    • The program will create a new Folder called FixPolicies
    • Double-click to Open the new Folder, and then double-click the file named Fix_Policies.cmd
    • A black box will briefly appear and then close. This will enable your Control Panel, Task Manager and stop any Administrative warnings.
  3. kritius

kritius TechSpot Guru Posts: 2,087

If that doesnt work,

Download RatsCheddar.zip
    It contains a program written by Rathat, and it is a Policy Controller.
    Save and extract this program to the desktop.
    Once extracted, click on the RatsCheddar.exe file.
    Enable everything, then click Exit
    Reboot your Computer.
  4. ree53

ree53 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I tried all the suggestions and none of them worked. When I tried to enable the task manager in the shredder I got a message saying it couldn't be enabled. When I press the clt, alt, delete, the task manager appears but when I click it to see what's running it disappears. Then the green square showing my cpu appears in the right corner, and a blank bar at the bottom where it normally would say what windows i've opened. Any other suggestions? Thank you
  5. ree53

ree53 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Its working. I turned my computer off for the night, and tried it again. I got the little box with no title I pressed, the border around it, and now its back to normal. Thanks for the help
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.