My Toshiba Laptop will not boot up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in desperate need of help here! I have a Laptop Toshiba Satellite A45 S121
64MB Video Card
512MB of Ram
1.2 Ghz Processor

I have to use my Desktop Computer to post this problem!

I cannot boot up windows at all, PERIOD! This problem just happened all of a sudden this morning! Once I start my laptop up, after the Toshiba Logo BIOS screen, Bang! A BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) flashed and shut down as if someone cut the power on me, and It restarts and takes me to a message that windows did not shut down properly! It gave me the options if I want to start in safe mode, and when I tried safe mode, SAME THING! Now I tried pressing F8 during the boot up, and gave me the options and I chose the option to disable restart during system failure so I could read what the BSOD says.

Here is the BSOD:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hard or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any installed hardware
or software. Disable BIOS memory options as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Techical information:

*** STOP: 0X00000050 (0XE1508E8C, 0X00000000, 0X80582594, 0X00000001)

I have tried all of the advanced startup options such as safe mode and everything fails! It loops at restart! I don't have the Windows XP CD because my laptop comes with Windows XP built in. Sometimes I start Safe Mode, It gets stuck at Mup.Sys for a long time and it flashes BSOD and restarts! I am afraid that reformating the harddrive is the only solution to the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

I ordered a UBCD "Ultimate Boot CD" 4.0 from ebay and I hope it will pinpoint the page fault in nonpaged area and fix it. I'll let you know if it fixed my laptop when I get the cd in the mail.

I got the UBCD and tried it out. did a memtest86 and I didn't know how long it would take to complete the memtest. I found out it takes so long than I thought it would like when is the memtest ever gonna finish? hours, days, months, years, untill the world ends???

The memtest can take upto a day so be patient. as for the BSOD my guess after where it happens during the loading of OS is the harddrive (this can mean just bad clusters or software drivers on the drive. )

Find out what brand hardrive it is than google the company to find their support page. there you should be able to download a tool to check the harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back