My Toshiba Satellite A135-S2346 freezing on start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a problem with this laptop some time back and replaced the hard drive in it. It has worked fine since and without problems. I was working online the other day and my screen froze up on me. After attempting to reach the task manager I manually shut the laptop down. I tried to restart it and when I did the laptop came on but the screen stayed black. I waited a few hours and tried again this time reaching the Toshiba screen. I tried pressing the keys to reach the start up menu without success and decided to try restarting it again. When it came back on this time I recieved a black screen with a blinking cursor. I could not do anything and powered down the laptop again. I can reach the toshiba screen if I leave the laptop off for several hours but that is it. I tried taking out the battery, unplugging the power cord and even checked the other parts like the memory cards and hard drive. Everything "looks" normal and I have no ideal what could be wrong. Could it be a memory card problem? Or the video card maybe?
I tried turning on my laptop this evenng and when I did I recieved an odd message. I had about three seconds to view it before it changed what was on display but it mentioned something about configuration and then choosing to start up or set up. It then went to a black screen with a blue box that was asking for a password? I tried typing and couldn't and after waiting for it to respond I shut the laptop down,restarted it and was back at the frozen toshiba screen.

Any help would be much appreciated.

you had a blue box? if that is correct what you now need is to have the bios password reset, go to the toshiba website and find an authorized service center and bring it there. the same thing just happened to me and there is nothing anyone can do except have it reset. i work in the it field and our own helpdesk could not do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back