My webcam isnt being detected

The computer i am use is only a week old.
Its a Compaq Presario CQ56 Notebook PC
So i cant post a link, Hp's web site has everything on this computer so you know whats comes with it etc.

Cyberlink Youcam:
When i open Youcam it says "No webcam detected. Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using a integrated camera make sure that it is turned on"

So far i have went to control panel/devices, and check the Cyberlink driver.
it says it is working properly.
Also have checked a few other website that allows you to use a web cam and nothing has worked.

Please and thank you for any help.

Hi Semi,
Ok i think i know you problems and the solutions might supprise you but sometimes it works...
Just download the Crystal Eye and install it on you Pc..
How it works

Hmmm

I downloaded it and installed it. I had to restart my computer for it to apply the changes.
I might have missed a step?
but it didnt work it says the same thing.

Hey,
Does that mean that you uninstalled the first Application, "Hp intergrated utility."
Because i have to admin that is what i usually do when i get Hp, i make sure that i have the drivers installed well in the device management under "Imagining and ******" then i make sure i dont have anyother software installed for webcams, then i install the Acer Crystal Eye, and i have to admit it works for me.
So check if you dont have any other applications or utility install, please take a snapshot of the Device manager and upload it for us. thank you

Im a little confuse im not gonna lie.
I took a picture of the device manger and the installed programs.
Should be an attachment.

Attachments

• Capturekln;.jpg
    Capturekln;.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 4
Is your cam built into your computer? Or did you add it on yourself?

Might it have any type of on/off switch? Cause i think (i.e. my best guess, not 100% certain) you should see TWO entries in device manager: One as an imaging device (the cam) and one under sound (for the mic). I only see one under sound in your pic

Here's device mgr on my machine. Note two entries (click thumbnail)

OK. yes, i can see that it comes with the web cam built in

1. If you look through Device Manager, do you see any device listed with a yellow icon?
2. Do you know if there's any cam on/off control button on the computer?
3. Is the notebook AC adapter plugged in? If not, shut down, plug it in and reboot

You can also try list any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

If none of the above seems to help, is also possible the cam died :dead: :(

I turned it off and pressed a few different keys...
i got to some BIOS thing but i didnt see anything let alone how to change it if i did.

How about if you take a snapshot of your device manager like what LookinAround showed you in the upper post...
It will give us a clue of whether its detected or not, and if not what we need to do next.
So please do that...

Back