My windows won't run please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, let me explain my problem. My computer was running fine, until I decided to restart it as my ram was getting low. Once it rebooted the windows xp logo screen came up asking for my login name and password, which is weird because everytime I turn on my computer it goes straight to my destop without having me enter in any login name or password. I've restarted my computer now about 10 times now and it keeps asking for a login name/ password, which I don't know since I never setup a login name or a password when I got my computer. Now it won't let me do anything or go anywhere until login. Is this some kind of virus i got hit with? I am pretty sure I didn't mess around with any of the setting before I restarted. I hope I don't have to reformat my computer because of this.

Can someone please help. all help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

If you don't have a password on the account(s) just try entering a username without a password. Try your account, and then the Administrator account. If you get into either, go to Start > Run > control userpasswords2 > Ok and you can adjust the login configurations there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back