My windows xp will not load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have an HP Pavillion notebook ze5300 and I am having a huge problem. I just installed a wireless router and it started working and my AOL asked me to restart my computer, and I did so, and when it shut off it turned back on and just randomly shut off and restarted again, only this time asking me to choose from several options, "Start windows normally," "Last known good configuration," and all the safe modes, the problem is, I tried going through all of them but everytime I do, windows starts loading and I get the BSOD (blue screen of death) saying I have a registry error. This EXACT thing happened to my moms same computer and the only option that worked was to delete all the files using a set of 4 discs, but I do not want to do that to mine because I have everything in there that is essential to my work and my personal stuff, I tried Booting from Lan to see what would happen, it says "No Operating system found", and when I put the operating system cd in and press any button to continue it works and I get as far as "I agree to terms," when it shuts off again with the BSOD, I really need help, thanks. - Vlad

Have you tied starting with Windows CD in the drive and doing an in place upgrade? Now is the time to read up on "backing-up your data".

Yeah, I tried and it gives me the bsod and shuts off and on again, now when I try to put the operating system cd in it won't even work. Any help on that?

Vlad I. said:
Yeah, I tried and it gives me the bsod and shuts off and on again, now when I try to put the operating system cd in it won't even work. Any help on that?
What does happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back