Mysqladmin.exe consumes vast resources and won't stop jumping around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

I am having difficulty with my computer that started only recently. Slowed response led me to the Task Manager. Under Processes the mysqladmin.exe keeps cycling on and off. My performance indicates a CPU usage of 60-80% constantly. When mysqladmin.exe appears, it is in a different location on the list every time, and it makes it difficult to catch. When I do manage to catch it and attempt to end the process, it tells me access is denied.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to regain control?

I am using McAfee, (updated constantly), and Windows update (updated as I feel necessary).

Thanks,

Wayne

I just "fixed" a the same problem

mysqladmin was hogging massive CPU time and popping in and out of tasklist. I tracked it down to a recent install of Adobe Cue. I think it was incompatable with my firewall and keeped attempting to connect to the internet and getting shut out. I uninstalled Cue and it went away. Later I will reinstall and set my firewall to allow it to get out to the internet. Most apps will trigger a permission dialogue when they first try to get to the outside, but Mysql never asked so it kept failing. Hope this help you solve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back