Mysterious Norton Antivirus firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I recently tried to install sunbelt firewall and I started to go through the downloading process but it would not install.....

I later noticed there was two firewalls listed on my security center.. one of them saying "Norton Antivirus is currently ON". I have not installed Norton at all on my computer and I tried looking for it.....I even tried looking up sunbelt....I did virus scans and that did not pick it up or remove it..... can someone help me?? Please?? I am desperate here. Thanks..

Run this, https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/.
Mainly the hijack this, it will show the running processes. That is unless you can poke through the add/remove programs in your controlpanel, and find something like 'Norton' (which you already said isn't there), symantec or maybe even an Internet Protection Suite which may be included with your ISP.
If you post the log from HiJack this, I'm pretty sure I'll find it in there. Actually, it won't even hurt to do the whole 8-step scan, while you're at it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back