mystery error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrdlu

Here's the messages I get when I reboot:
HOTSYNC MANAGER The selected port, COM2, is not available at this time. Hotsync manager will open the port when it becomes available.
When I click "ok" on that message, I get:
Unable to open the database in PLD check.
What does this mean?
I recently switched from earthlink to URON internet. I'm in the Chicago area. The modem is Castlenet model no. CXC150. It's a cable modem. My PC is an IBM aptiva with Intel Pentium I. Recently my mouse has been acting funny when I try to play games. It beeps, and the mouse cursor freezes. Then the game locks up except for the sound, and I have to reboot. Are these two things connected? Any ideas? ANYTHING you can suggest would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks to you tech guys! And Happy New Year....; )

If your mouse is a serial one (on COM2), try moving it to COM1 (need to reinstall mouse-software) or using a PS/2 mouse.
There seems to be an interrupt-conflict between hotsync and mouse, both on COM2

thanks but...wha?

How do I do the above? Switch from com1 to com2? I think I know how to reload the mouse software: Go to add/remove programs and uninstall the mouse software, reboot, then reinstall the software. Right? But how to I switch com ports? Thanks for the suggestions in any case. Shrdlu

Look on the back of your case, switch the mouse cord to a different port (but same size of course). If it's in use, you're sorta screwed.

I'd buy a new mouse for about $5 :)

HotSync manager is software to connect to your Palm via serial port. It is conflicting with your mouse. Uninstall the (useless) thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back