TechSpot

Mystery problem

By Basic204
Dec 24, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I have some odd problem with my computer. Its a SYX computer. The problem is this. when I connect my computer to the modem it dose not connect to the internet. It dose not even show that its connected to the modem. but when I connect it to the router and have the router connect. to the modem I can get online just fine but it still dose not even show that my computer is connected to the router ether. the light for the port I have the Ethernet cable plunged in too dose not light up. what could be going on ?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

What is the model number of the SYX computer? Is it a desktop or a laptop computer? What version of Windows does it have installed?

3. brucethetech

brucethetech TS Enthusiast Posts: 301

sounds like a physical connection problem honestly. with modems they usually need to be reset once a diffent device is connected (router, computer, anything) if you dont have link lights that would usually be a physical problem too. check you connections or ur cables could be bad or duplex settings could be different.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.