Nasty keyboard infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently ran into what i believe is a virus infecting my computer. I have very peculiar symptoms that only affect my keyboard. I have an HP tx1000 that is running off of Windows Vista. It is also equipped with one of those fancy touchscreens, which i might add has become very handy given the situation.

The Problem is this: Whenever i touch the Y, T, O keys on my keyboard the actual function of the key is interrupted and immediately a "shortcut" to whatever that key was is immediately opened. So for instance i might type the word "Yellow" and before i finish the sentence i am bombarded with these annoying shortcut screens. The only thing i noticed that deactivates this is if i press the right- Ctrl key.

Now something interesting to add is that the onscreen keyboard works perfectly fine. This brings me to think there might be an actual mechanical problem with the keyboard somewhere; however, the "Y, T, O" keys register but they are misinterpreted.

The follow are a list of the things i have done before i stumbled upon this site
AVG
Adaware
Reformatted
Reinstalled the keyboard drivers

I have included logs with the "Virus" protocol listed on this site.
I have also gone through step 1-8 before the logs were taken.

Thanks ahead of time,

Brendan

If you have repartitioned, reformated and reinstalled and you're still getting that behavior from your computer then you're probably looking at equipment failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back