Navigation to the web page was cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

compused

Hiya,

I have wireless broadband on my laptop and there is a Protected Mode On, which I think is part of the built in firewall in the trial antivirus programme. It lets me download certain websites like this one, for example, but it won't let me go into Googlemail and comes up with the message in the title.

Is there anyway I can fix this. I googled it and another forum has said to go into Control Panel, Systems and Maintenance, Administrative Tools, Scheduled Tasks. Under "Active Tasks" double-click on "InternetServicesand offers", left click to highlight and press Delete to delete this.

Is this an advisable step to take?

Compused

Is this in Vista, Internet Explorer 8? If so, go to "Tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced", select "Reset"... You might have an Add-On that is causing this problem

Default.aspx

Hiya,

I have Internet Explorer 7 on my laptop and Vista. I disabled the Protect Mode On because it just wouldn't let me get into anything on the Internet.

Now, when I sign into Ancestry, which is the online genaelogy site I use, it starts loading after I've signed in,but then switches to "Default.aspx" and then just sits there. I have noticed that they've said on Google that they are having trouble with their server. Would this be the reason why I can't get into their site? The thing is I can still get into their site on our PC, but our PC keeps on crashing on their site because of add-ons.

This laptop would be super if I could get into everything I want.

Compused

First, make sure your system is clean and free of malware. Download and run free Malwarebytes and scan your system. Also make sure Vista is updated to Service Pack 1, and download and install IE8. Leave IE in its Protected Mode

the first tests when having networking issues are:
  • get a command prompt (run->cmd)
  • ping 127.0.0.1 :: proving the adapter is running
  • ping your router address :: proves it is running
    get this (and the DNS addresses) with ipconfig /all
    the router address is the gateway address
  • ping your ISP DNS :: prove it is running
  • use nslookup google.com and prove the dns is working
    you should get back the ip-address of google. If not, then your email and browser will not work either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back