Ndis.sys bsod on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

xKirbyx

So, recently I've done a few upgrades to my computer. The first one was the installation of a new video card as I have found that my old one fried or something. So I got the Geforce 9400 GT by eVGA and everything worked fine for a long time so I don't think that is really the problem. Then I just thought oh hell I'll just buy some new ram to add to my comp too. So since my computer is a dell I didn't really know much about my motherboard except that it accepts a certain range of DDR2 ram speeds and 800 was listed so I got a pair. Installed and worked fine for like about a week then I thought to upgrade my BIOS too. Now recently i've been getting BSODs containing an NDIS.sys error after windows starts up and its loading my desktop. So below I have the minidumps zipped so can someone please look at this. And can ram do anything to cause this blue screen?

As you know, both minidumps crash at NDIS.sys. This is the Windows wrapper driver. However, this may not be the actual cause.

It is interesting to note 5that the owning process is WNDA3100.exe. This is your Netgear driver and may well be the culprit.

Both minidumps have a bugcheck code of 8E.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

Things to try are:

Update/uninstall/reinstall your Netgear drivers.

Reflash your bios to the older version you were using before. There is absolutely no point in updating bios, unless it is to fix a specific issue. Doing so can cause more issues than it solves.

Finally, if none of the above helps, I suggest you try running Memtest86+ to test for ram problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back