Nearly invisible, lens-free camera is the future of spying

By Scorpus
Apr 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The camera modules used in today's smartphones are typically pretty small, as you can see from the image above. However if you look to the left, you'll see something even smaller that's set to be the future of spying.

Read more
  2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,372   +2,164

10 years ago I might have thought this cool. To its credit, it may very will be in medical applications. What I've seen develop across the West over the past decade, however, tells me this will be nothing but trouble.

"It'll also prove extremely useful for spying agencies, which will be able to hide these sorts of cameras everywhere without people being able to see them."

I'm less concerned about how spy agencies will be using this tech and more concerned if people in coming decades will even care that they do.
    spectrenad and freythman like this.
  3. cartera

cartera TS Addict Posts: 276   +67

I would be surprised if governments do not already have something similar already with a much higher pixel count.

The conspiracy theorist in me does wonder why the majority of satellites looking for MH370 are private ones if not for military and governments wanting to hide their capabilities.
  4. B_randon

B_randon TS Rookie

All I know is in 1966 the sr-71 black bird could fly at mach 3 and take a picture at 5 miles up of a dude smokin a cigarette... so the technology in the private world is emerging, but its likely out there now in the political, spy, government world...
  5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Hmm a pervs dream being able to record everything without ever being noticed :3
  6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Haha yeah, it will be a pervs best friend.

This is the NSA's new toy.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  7. wastedkill

Oh... no I meant I am gonna enjoy making new videos with it..... blackmail..... selling vids online.......... yea................................
  8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I fixed my comment up to truly reflect my feelings xD.
  9. wastedkill

Hey with this thing we will have tons of people who are gonna be 3rd party NSA agents and mini NSA companies.