NEC 2510A firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have an NEC ND-2510A firmware 2.15. I was looking to upgrade the firmware but there is always a warning at the download sites (such as NEC's own site and this one) that the firmware should not be used with OEM drives. Mine was sold as an OEM drive from an online store (Ebuyer) as a single item not as part of a system. Is it safe for me to perform an upgrade? As the drive was bought separately I don't see how an OEM PC supplier could have fiddled with the firmware previously. However I'm not an expert or I wouldn't be asking for help would I?

Welcome to Techspot !
An OEM supplier normally just sell parts .A PC manufacturer ie Dell , who buy OEM parts often write their own Firmware to make them proprietary to their machines therefore the warning about updateing firmware on OEM parts.
You have to decide that the supplier has sent you a stock item direct from it's manufacturer. In which case you should have no problem updating.

Thanks Liquid, you have confirmed what I thought. As far as I can tell my drive is fresh out the box from NEC so I should be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back