Need a better mobo for my processor, ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8T1308

I have an AMD Phenom X4 9150e processor with a cheap Foxconn board (part of a pre-built computer from best buy). I just bought a new Sapphire ATI Radeon 4870 1gb DDR5 and have installed it onto the Foxconn bored no sweat. But the Foxconn bored only has one PCI Express Slot X16 1.0 and I really want a board with a PCI Express Slot X16 2.0 so that I can use all the bandwidth of my new video card (because I can only use half with a 1.0 slot).

Can someone recommend an awesome board for my processor cause not using all of my video cards potential is killing me lol....

Thanks guys you have always been a great help in the past:)

Hey any help someone could give me would be greatly appreciated.....this is the first time Techspot hasnt got back to me almost right away....going on five days now....

So im using the full potential of my video card right now even though its a x16 2.0 card in a x16 1.0 slot? im not overclocking or crossfiring in the future by the way:)

Well, I'll give you my thoughts. I'm new on Techspot and only worked with computers the past year, but have learned A LOT just jumping into the IT field. So this means I have no school education. ;)

*Please keep in mind that I am only considering compatibility with your processor socket type.

From NewEgg.com
ASUS M4A79 Deluxe AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard $178.99
ASUS M4A79 Deluxe AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard $124.99
ECS IC780M-A AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard $59.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back