Need a bluray player... recommendations?

SNGX1275

I'm in the market for a bluray player for my home theater. I have a few requirements:

I would like it to have wireless capabilities, but I also have a Mac Mini in the home theater setup and can just run wired between the bluray player and share the wireless on the Mac if need be. So this isn't critical, but it would be nice.

Needs to be able to play HD H.264 mkvs from USB. I had a Sony bluray player at one time, and it would not play those off a USB stick, but my parents have a Samsung player that has no issues playing them.

I need it to be inexpensive, I don't have a lot of spare money right now, and I have no problems buying a refurb unit.

What are you guys using, and do you have any complaints about it?

I don't know how the prices compare, but keep an eye out for stores getting rid of PS3 units. I've seem them for $130 here for the 12GB versions a while ago, which is pretty good. Bluray, gaming, able to connect to media servers, Internet access, wifi + LAN, remote ..

I don't know how the prices compare, but keep an eye out for stores getting rid of PS3 units. I've seem them for $130 here for the 12GB versions a while ago, which is pretty good. Bluray, gaming, able to connect to media servers, Internet access, wifi + LAN, remote ..

Plus it has a USB and Sony will continue to support it for a while.

Back