Need a Boot Disk That Will Allow Me to Transfer Files

By luciachan
Mar 14, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been trying to get my brother's computer working after a nasty malware attack (Zango and others) now it seems his whole OS is corrupted this is the second time this has happened I told him to back up his files but of course he didn't now I can not access the files on the computer. I have Hirens boot cd but it is not recognizing the C drive so I can not pull the files off through there and I have active@ boot disk but only the demo I can view the files but 95% are over the size limitation to transfer through the demo. I'm ready to tell my brother too bad you're losing it all this time but I know I was able to transfer files before and I'm quite sure it was through Hiren's boot cd but I can not remember how, any suggestions or other software I can use? it's mostly jpegs I need to transfer
    thanks in advance
    btw the computer is running windows XP MCE
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.